We appreciate your interest in our school and welcome your application to enroll in our diploma program. The purpose of the application process is to ensure that every student is a “good match” and is prepared to join the program. While we have a number of guidelines and requirements, we also recognize that each potential student has a unique background. We do our best to take this into account and provide an admissions process that is accessible and equitable. If you have a special needs or specific questions to address to us before making your decision to apply, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Submit your application form along with the application fee.
- Register for both the prerequisite Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology Course and the Introduction to Massage Workshop (unless you have received an exemption for one or both).
- Submit admission documents (please see below what is required). It is not necessary to have all your documents in place before submitting an application. You can apply and forward the delayed documents later.
- Interview with the Director of Admissions (the school will contact you to schedule this).
- Once we have determined that you and our program are a good fit we will send an offer of enrollment that will include your contract and school policies and manuals.
- You will have two weeks to read the policies and manuals, sign the contract, and submit it along with the tuition deposit.
We do not have a specific deadline. We offer admission to an upcoming start date until the class is full. In order to ensure you secure a space for a specific start we encourage you to apply at least one month in advance of that date.
All applicants must provide proof of the following:
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma, its equivalent, or higher (ie. two year college program or four year university degree)*.
- Sutherland-Chan Anatomy & Physiology Course or its equivalent.
- Sutherland-Chan Introduction to Massage Workshop or its equivalent.
- Grade 12 English**.
- A recent police record check.
- Vaccinations: A doctor’s letter stating that the applicant is free of communicable disease.
*Applicants who do not have a high school diploma or equivalent or cannot provide any documentation must write the Wonderlic.
**If you are not a native English speaker, you may be asked to show proof of your English language proficiency through one of the following.
|Michener English Language Assessment (MELA)||Writing: 7
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||Writing: 6.0
|Test of English as a Foreign Language iBT (TOEFL)||Writing: 20
|Standardized English Proficiency Test (CanTest)||Writing: 3.5
We realize that, for some, financing your education can be one of the major challenges in preparing to attend school. Here are links to the funding sources most widely used by our students.
Note: The application process for your funding sources can be complicated and confusing at times. If you need any assistance, please contact us.
If you would like more information, please contact Jennifer Schembri, Admissions and Social Media Coordinator at 416-924-1107 ext. 23 or by email.