Table of Contents
At Sutherland-Chan we are very proud of the accomplishments of our alumni and appreciative of the way you continue to represent Sutherland-Chan in your work as practitioners, educators and leaders in the profession. Alumni are also one of our strongest sources of new student referrals, for which we are very thankful.
Please keep in mind that access to some of these services requires that we have your correct contact information. If you are not receiving the FingerPrint newsletter by email (May and November are the publication months), we do not have your current information in our database. Please take a moment to update us by filling out the form below.
Your email address is important since it has become our major method of communicating with alumni: continuing education bulletins, alumni special features, school newsletter, etc.
Alumni have access to Term 4 elective courses and Specialty Clinic options that you may have missed while in school. To inquire about this option, please contact Lesley Frow, Registrar at 416-924-1107 ext.34 or by email.
Continuing professional education courses are available through the Sutherland-Chan Continuing Education page.
Sutherland-Chan Library Access
Alumni have the same library privileges as current students at the school. To access the Library Resources List, please click here.
If there is a title(s) that you wish to borrow from the school library, please contact Natalie Bramwell at 416-924-1107 ext. 21 or by email to check on its availability and to arrange a mutually convenient time to pick it up.
The school posts current news and events on our Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages, as well as any alumni promotions in effect.
In addition, alumni are actively connecting, updating, engaging in discussions and supporting each other on both of these alumni-administered Facebook sites:
Alumni Appreciation Program
Do you know someone who is interested in becoming a massage therapist?
- Phone or email Ronke Asalu to report a referral you have made to our program (416.924.1107 ext. 23 or Ronke@sutherland-chan.com).
- Provide the potential applicant’s name and contact information, and assurance that the person is aware that Ronke will be getting in touch.
- Give your name, grad year and current contact info.
The admissions team will engage with the prospect to take the process forward. If the person enrols, the grad who made the successful referral will receive $400.00 at the point that the new student has been in the program for two months.
Alumni are eligible for a number of discounts:
- 15% Sutherland-Chan Continuing Education courses
- 15% Sutherland-Chan School rentals (room bookings, portable tables, massage chair)
- 10% Sutherland-Chan School store purchases
- 5% Regularly priced Student Clinic massage appointments and gift certificates
You must have your alumni card, which each grad receives as part of the graduation package and is valid “for life” free of charge.
For alumni who have an interest in being available to do massage profession and massage education presentations in your area, we are always pleased to add names to the Speaker’s Bureau list. It is a good confidence-building experience for budding presenters, and provides win/win exposure for you as well as the school. Speakers are paid $30.00 per hour. Contact Ronke Asalu, Director of Admissions at 416-924-1107 ext. 23 or by email for more information.
Robert, our School Office Manager, regularly provides the following in response to requests from alumni:
- Replacement of missing transcripts
- Transcript forwarding to other educational institutions
- Cost: $25.00 plus HST, plus postage as applicable
- Cost: $35.00 plus HST, plus postage as applicable
- Course outline packages for applicable school years (please note that we don’t always have outlines for earlier years)
- Cost: only postage as applicable
- Various reasons, e.g., for an employer, a school application, immigration-related, etc.
- Cost: only postage as applicable
For any of the above, or for similar requests, please contact Robert Rodbourne at 416-924-1107 ext.19 or by email. Always make sure that he has your current contact/mailing information.
The Sutherland-Chan newsletter, the FingerPrint, is published each month. It includes school community news and articles of interest to massage students and practitioners. The newsletter is circulated free of charge to students and staff, as well as to all alumni for whom we have up-to-date contact information. The current circulation is 2000.
Previously a print-only publication, since fall 2016 the newsletter has moved to an online format that includes advertising spaces.
To view the current FingerPrint issue, please click here.
For more information, please contact Robert Rodbourne at 416-924-1107 ext.19 or by email.
Lunch and Learns for Students
Lunch and Learns are open to alumni. For more information, click here
If you have an interest in sharing your knowledge with students through a lunch and learn, please click here for more information.